CMS Industries will be demonstrating its waterjet technology at IMTS 2014, but why wait?
Join us on August 20-21 at our North American headquarters in Grand Rapids, Michigan for a very special open house event. We will be demonstrating our top of the line waterjet cutting machine, Idroline S, and you’ll also see CMS’ ARES 5 axis machining center working in conjunction with Idroline S for a collaboration on some interesting projects. Featured machine/machining center:
For hundreds of years, musical instruments were handmade by luthiers, or craftsman who focused exclusively on creating musical instruments. Luthiers had to be master carvers and pay close attention to the accuracy of their work to ensure that each instrument they built was of the same quality.
In today’s age of technology, CNC machining has replaced a great deal of hand carving in the process of manufacturing musical instruments. Because a CNC machine can ensure accuracy and drastically decrease the amount of time it takes to make a part, CNC machines play a vital role in manufacturing quality, affordable musical instruments.
This video gives an up-close look at our CNC machines as they carve guitar bodies, piano keys and much more.
The Idroline S is our newest waterjet cutting machine. With the Idroline S, our Tecnocut technology is more efficient, more versatile and more reliable than ever.
The Idroline S offers several technological innovations, including:
- The latest generation Digital CNC with “can-bus” communication protocol and remote pushbutton station
- Tank conveyor dredging system for automatic abrasive removal “Minimal floor space no
- Accurate electronic management of abrasive consumption with feedback of cut parameters
- New Z axis stroke up to 350 mm and tube/pipe cutting up to 500 mm in diameter
- Enclosed cabin for complete protection of the work area with “Totally dry” disappearing
- Automatic axes lubrication and controlled air conditioning of all electronic components
The Idroline S has a highly intuitive interface and comes with a wide range of accessories. It is an advanced CNC with digital drives for total control of the cut parameters.
We here at CMS North America are excited to announce some big changes with the Italian arm of our company. The following comes directly from CMS headquarters in Zogno, Italy.